Jesus has a five-part invitation to us, in Matthew 11:28-30, to action which will lift us up in this time of stress. Amy Minnich amplifies a message she shared March 15 enumerating where we need to participate with the Lord:
- Come … to Jesus. Often we just want to chill out when we are tired and loaded down, but we need to come to him.
- Acknowledge … we need to acknowledge our need, that we can’t handle it by ourselves.
- Receive … unless we actively receive his rest and peace, it won’t happen.
- Take (my yoke) … we have to connect with Jesus.
- Learn … from Jesus, who is humble and gentle in heart.
This is Missions Sunday for N3C, and this week we are focusing on helping relieve misery, affecting Bridge to Reading families, caused by catastrophic flooding in the Democratic Republic of the Congo. To give to this cause, click on the Missions link on the Giving page of this website. That same page has a link for your regular tithes and offerings.
If you have youngsters in the house, follow this link for a new feature here on the N3C website is a Kids’ Church lesson on the fruit of the spirit.