Jesus has an invitation to us, in Matthew 11:28-30, for all who are tired or burdened. Amy Minnich shares that it contains a lot of action words, where we need to participate with the Lord:
- Come … to Jesus. Often we just want to chill out when we are tired and loaded down, but we need to come to him.
- Acknowledge … we need to acknowledge our need, that we can’t handle it by ourselves.
- Receive … unless we actively receive his rest and peace, it won’t happen.
- Take (my yoke) … we have to connect with Jesus.
- Learn … from Jesus, who is humble and gentle in heart.
We sang the songs on this YouTube playlist in worship.