When we read about the Church at Laodicea, we usually think of it as the bad church, the lukewarm church. But Jesus’ message to the church is one of hope, of possibilities. The church had been hot. It had been cold. At the time of the letter it was … comfortable. But by His grace it could be more, and so can we. Message delivered 9/20/09.
is the only hotline that children under 18 can call with any problem at any time. Hotline services are free of charge to every child in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, U.S. territories and Canada.
- Toll-Free: 1-800-448-3000
- Open 24-hours a day, every day.
- Spanish-speaking counselors available; translation services for 100+ languages.
- TTY line available for the hearing-impaired at 1-800-448-1833.
- Counselors can help find services and agencies in the caller’s local community.
- National Youth Crisis Hotline: 1-800-448-4663
- National Mental Health Association: 1-800-969-6642
- NineLine Nationwide (NineLine/Covenant House): 1-800-999-9999
- National Hope Line Network: 1-800-784-2433
- National Runaway Switchboard & Suicide Hotline: 1-800-621-4000
- Teen Helpline: 1-800-400-0900
- National Prayer Center: 1-800-4-PRAYER (1-800-477-2937)
The letters to the churches in Revelation 2 and 3 all addressed both specific situations in that time, but they also apply to things in our lives and our churches today. For Philadelphia, the message was to endure. Everything about the World System separates us from God, but He said in the letter to Philadelphia to endure, because he is in control. Message delivered 9/13/09.